Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hazardous Air Pollutants

It adds up!
Coming home last night, I can smell the exhaust/ferrous fumes my car and other autos releases. I know it adds up!
News and stories of friends and family diagnosed with cancer is no longer uncommon.
I am already taking in my dosage from the air I breath!
It definitely adds up!
Science and technology have made life easy to live, so has it made it easy leave!
It adds up.
Various cities now monitors for air pollutants. Exhaust from automobiles account for more than 50% of air pollutants, with cancinogens outnumbering the rest of the contents (of the individual pollutants in my city's air). I can only remember that every breath is a dose that adds up!
Regulations, enforcement and changing technology remains the approach by our law makers...how much more can we expect? The finish line may not be an air free of pollutants. It is when it comes to my turn to answer the call. For its air now, water and soil remains a misery. and they are all tied to my life!
It only adds up to make my ending sooner than nature orchestrated or is it the other way?

2 comments:

  1. Changing technology on one hand may be an approach while on the other, it serves to quicken earth's demise and ultimately ours...because it adds up. What I'm I talking about you asked? I am currently on a mind journey...wondering how for instance, Information Technology could have unwittingly contributed to environmental deterioration by enhancing the productivity of pollution generating multinational companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right T. one solution creates another problem. The best approach is that we simplify our living. Simple natural vege diet, for example is not a choice but a necessity; walking or biking, when and where possible, practicing, supporting local farmers etc. will definitely help us and the planet at large. It adds up...

    ReplyDelete

Where health and environment intercept...